Check back here for 2019 Call for Submissions information via FilmFreeway
Here are the award categories for the 2018 West Virginia FILMmakers Festival:
NOTE: WV FILMmakers, you may submit under a WV category, but you do not need to submit twice to be considered for the WV award and the Festival award.
The West Virginia FILMmakers Festival is pleased to collaborate with Blenko Glass USA and Touch of Glass to award all of the winning FILMmakers and the winner of the Impact Award with one of kind, authentic handcrafted West Virginia Blenko Glass awards.
The FILMmaker of the Year award is designed by artist Bill Hopen.
A. FILMmakers may submit up to 2 films per festival.
B. All films must have been completed after September 1, 2016.
C. Repeat submissions will not be accepted without significant changes to the product.
D. The West Virginia FILMmakers Festival reserves the right to categorize films in additional categories at no additional charge to the filmmaker.
E. All films must be submitted via FilmFreeway.com.
F. ‘WV FILMmaker” categories are for FILMmakers born in WV or attending WV schools.
G. “WVFG” submission fees are for members of the WV Filmmakers Guild – you must provide the appropriate code to submit in any of the WVFG categories.
H. “WV FILMmaker” categories are for FILMmakers born in West Virginia or attending WV-based schools. Submission to “WVFilmmaker” categories does not prevent the film/filmmaker from consideration for corresponding non-WV Filmmaker categories.
I. “WVFG” submission fees are for members of the WV Filmmakers Guild – you must provide the appropriate code to submit in any of the WVFG categories.
J. Submissions in languages other than English must have Subtitles integrated (burned) into the image.
K. The WVFF reserves the right to curate and schedule films in the festival lineup to screen out of competition.
L. Works that have screened in or out of competition at WVFF during prior years are not eligible for submission into the competition.
1. As the Director/Producer or the Authorized Person to submit the Film, I/We have submitted our Film Work to the West Virginia FILMmakers Festival (“WVFF”) as the sole and exclusive owner(s) of all legal right and title thereto and have absolute authority to submit the enclosed material to WVFF.
2. I/We will indemnify and hold harmless WVFF its judges, sponsors, partners, individually and collectively, from and against all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses including legal expenses arising out of, or in connection with, any and all claims, or third party claims based on material submitted to WVFF.
3. I/We understand that the submission of a film or film materials alone does not guarantee that the film will be screened at WVFF. The WVFF has the rights to determine the finalists and the winners. Selected filmmakers will permit the WVFF to screen their film, use the title of their submitted work, log-line, their name, contact information, publicity stills, film footage and likeness, in ancillary screenings and publicity and promotional efforts.
4. I/We understand and agree that once the film is selected for screening, I forfeit my right to remove my film from the schedule.
5. WVFF may transfer the submitted screener to a required media format for screening, if needed, and that media may be used for WVFF promotional purposes.
6. By submitting this work, I/We accept that I/We have in good faith complied with all copyright, trademark, or service mark laws, and have acquired all necessary rights regarding any copyrighted music, images, or other intellectual property present in the submitted film.